Mojo Film Festival is a yearly event to mark World Schizophrenia Day in May. It's run by lived experience not-for-profit arts organisation Schizy Inc.
Mojo Festival supports and screens new short films made by creatives with schizophrenia and other mental health realities. Mojo is a gala night is at Australian Centre for Moving Image (ACMI) in Melbourne on Sunday 23 May 2021.
Mojo is currently accepting new short film submissions by filmmakers with lived experience to be screened at the gala event in May. There are a number of guidelines for films to be selected:
1. films must be made by people with lived experience of schizophrenia or similar mental health reality
2. films must be under 4 minutes and have a PG rating
3. no triggering themes of abuse or other graphic material that may trigger or upset people with post trauma stress and anxiety
4. theme is 'A Day in My Life' be as literal or creative as you like on the theme
5. video as high quality as possible, including clear audio
6. any music in film must show permission of composer in credits
7. format can be any movie file, including MP4, 720p or above, landscape.
8. upload your film to Youtube and send your entry EOI to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no payment for films that are screened and no entry fee.
Mental health filmmaking and advocacy.
For bookings and information on specific access and transport.